Organize your PhD
1. Before you start
- What should I bring?
- Where will I stay?
- Where can I find additional information?
2. During your PhD
- stay tuned
- organize your PAC (meeting)
- hints from your peers and additional advise
3. In case of doubts or conflicts
We, the partner insitutions, FSU Jena and MPI-BGC, as well as the MPS commit to an anti-racist, equal, appreciative and fair working environment. Nevertheless conflicts and non-scientific misconduct may arise. If you are not satisfied with your situation as a PhD researcher (supervision, topic, financial situation), please talk to somebody whom you can trust instead of resigning to the situation. If in certain situations your adviser is not the right contact person, a strictly confidential meeting with:
- Susan Trumbore, Sönke Zaehle or Markus Reichstein (as directors) or
- Ombudsperson or
- Equal Opportunity Commissioner or
- Contact for Diversity, Equality and Inclusion or
- Steffi Rothhardt as IMPRS coordinator or
- PhD representatives, currently: David, De Shorn, Theertha, Flávio, Linda, Andrés
- Advisory Services at the Graduate Academy
- Employee Assistance and Coaching, Renate Ellinger, phone: 571606, E-mail
- free immediate telephone consulation
can be organized. This offer is only meant to help you finding ways to improve your situation, you do not have to fear any negative consequences.